Directly from our friend Aurora’s kitchen, here is the recipe for a quick and fancy first course that combines lemon with artichoke, a vegetable with innumerable properties, filled with calcium, iron, phosphorous, magnesium and potassium.
This is how you can prepare this quick first course with artichokes, lemon and heavy cream
- 4 medium artichokes
- 1/2 onion
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 280 g caserecce pasta
- 200 ml heavy cream
- 30 ml dry white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- LIMMI lemon juice
- Let’s start cleaning the artichokes, cutting off a good part of the stem and 3 cm off the top. Take off the outer leaves till we are left with the tenderest part of the artichoke. Now let’s cut it in half, remove the inner fuzzy choke, cut the artichoke into 3-4 wedges and place these in a bowl with water and LIMMI lemon juice (this step will keep artichokes from turning brown, and brighten them up if they already have turned brown)
- Let’s boil the artichokes in a pot with unsalted water for a few minutes, just enough to soften them a bit.
- Now let’s place the oil and chopped onion in a high-sided skillet, sauté it for about half a minute then add the artichokes.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine, let it reduce properly, then add the heavy cream and bring it up to heat, stirring often for about 3-4 minutes. The cream only needs to heat up, not cook.
- Let’s cook the caserecce pasta in lots of salted water till al dente, drain it, pour it into the skillet with the sauce and stir over low heat to blend in the flavours. Plate the pasta, garnish it with a couple of artichoke wedges and serve immediately.