Do you want to know how to prepare a non-alcoholic summer drink that is flavourful and highly fashionable for your evenings with friends?
With Limmi lemon and lime juice, in just a few steps you can prepare the trendiest version of the most famous alcoholic drink in Spain: white Sangria
Difficulty : easy
Category: Beverages and cocktails
Cuisine: Spanish, vegetarian, gluten-free
A little known fact about the origin of this world famous and delicious Spanish drink: it was created some time during the 18th century in the Iberian Peninsula, when clever British sailors docked in the Antilles and, to elude the ban on drinking alcohol, disguised their Spanish rum as fruit juice, by adding honey, spices and pieces of fruit to it.
There are different versions of Sangria. Although commonly made with red wine, in Catalonia sangria is made with spumante or white wine, and this is the version we bring to you.
As a summer aperitif, it absolutely perfect; light, flavourful and enriched with lots of delicious fresh fruit this Sangria is an instant fiesta!
- 1 bottle of Prosecco wine or spumante
- 2 oranges
- 2 apples
- 200 gr. strawberries
- 50 ml Limmi lemon juice
- 30 ml Limmi lime juice
- ½ litre of soda or sparkling water
- 100 gr. sugar
1. Put the sugar in the carafe
2. Add the lemon juice
3. Add lime juice to enhance the fragrance and flavour of the sangria.
4. Add the apple, orange and strawberries
5. Pour the Prosecco over them
6. Then the soda to give the beverage its characteristic effervescence.
7. Two hours in the fridge, and voilà, the sangria is ready!
The secret of great sangria is rest. It has to rest in the refrigerator for at least two hours in order for the fruit to macerate in the wine and make it truly flavourful.